Friday, May 15, 2009

New album... unofficial announcement

So, I've been working on a new album this week. Finishing up with my degree has left me bored, so I've been hard at work.

This album will not be a Cary or Magellan's Folly work, so I guess it would be a Ronny Cary piece. Keep that in mind as I tell you this: this album is different from what I've done before.

I'm hoping to leave behind loud overdubbed guitars. I love them, and they aren't going away forever, but this album is a different sound.

I have 10 songs completed thus far, incorporating suspended chords, a few minor 7ths. Also (gasp) I'm synthing (new verb) some 808s on this album, at least at the demo stage.

I'm blending a lot of styles here, as I am in life. The word "epic" is thrown around too much these days, so I will refrain from using it here. No news on album name, song titles or other things. I'll give you that later.

Off to keep working!

No comments:

Post a Comment